Originally Posted by Lee24
Kettlebells...hmmm..tempting threadjack.
They have made a comeback in the last few years.
Don't need as many different weights of them as you do dumbells to get a good, and different workout. Worked for George Hackenschmidt and Eugene Sandow, but they had genes going for them, too.

"Still not convinced? Let me throw a little proof at you in the form of a couple of classic physiques that the vast majority of the population would gladly trade for if they could, George Hackenschmidt and Eugene Sandow, both built using kettlebells and a lot of hard work"

The quote I provided is from a google hit for kettlebells, an exercise circuit called "Kettlebell fat loss unleased". Weird how Lee managed to mention the two best known names and the advantages they provide, pretty impressive google-fu Lee, I think you might be a match for my six year old. Even better that the master of the threadjack would toss that back onto me. I just did not want to repollute the thread in the backpacking section.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper