Ingwe, the reason for that was not unlike the on again, off again nostalgia crazes that our society craves. It is a fundamental facet of human kind that the past is viewed as a comfort zone of sorts. How the instruments represent is largely irrelevant so long as the information is presented. Humanoid minds are very adaptable and for support of that I would give you the 24 HR Campfire...the synergy of which could not really be invented, it just sort of happened.

I would offer a small correction to your question. Digital instrumentation may be represented in many ways, to include LED displays. So too may analog data. It is not the display, it is the format of presentation which differentiates "digital" from "analog". Analog doesn't do fractions on the instrument panel very well, if at all.

Marc, we appreciate that a great deal. I puzzle though about the origins of the Klingons. Ingenuity in design of the Klingons is legend of course, but the D'k tahg or Mek'leth...man...you don't take knives to a phaser fight! Even the Feringis know that.

Digital "I didn't invent that exam" Dan

PS: Might have been Lee, not sure about that.

Last edited by DigitalDan; 02/06/10.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain