Been a damn long day. Shooting was great though. Haven't been able to for about 2 months now because of the fires around here. Forests were shut down to shooting, which sucked. I've been dying to try my new 6.5 creed out too. Here are todays results. I said I'd post results and here they are. I'm pretty happy with the rifle/scope package as a whole. There seems to be some potential in the ol girl. These loads were not even from the best 5 shot group's charge wt. I wish I would have known this rifle likes to be loaded close to max. As it were, I loaded 15 rounds of each charge wt. Increasing each load by 1/2 grain increment, as per my usual. Since that gave me 3 charge weights at 15 shots each, that left me with the final charge wt with 5 shots. Suffice to say, that is the one that showed the most promise (my luck)...
Anyway, keep in mind: New rifle, new scope and mounting system, new brass, and working on loads:

Savage 12FV 6.5 Creedmoor
SWFA SS 16x42 mildot moa rifle scope
Burris steel mounts with Burris XTR lows
Accutrigger set to 2 pounds even
Action glass bedded and fore end stiffened with epoxy.

Load:
140gr. Hornady ELDM
H4350 powder
CCI 200 primers
New Starline brass
2.820" OAL (.020" off lands)

Rifle:
[Linked Image]

Range and target downrange at 100 yards from bench:
[Linked Image]

Target submission:
[Linked Image]
For reference the orange dot on the left is 3/4"...

Target with calipers on top of group for better measurement reference:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Check out the target, there are 2 different loads there. The funny thing, is 41.5gr. (book max) was the most promising, but I only loaded 5 of those. You can bet money, I'll be back to try this again with some once fired brass and some better worked up loads, by that time, the barrel will have a few more rounds downrange. I'm thinking this will easily be a "1 moa all day long" rifle here shortly...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA