Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What lot#?

I was over on AR15.com fella mentioned how the 75 hornady bthp vary in length from lot to lot and to measure them... Today I’m was loading some up, got my oal and bto figured out. Started seating 20 into it I measure oal wtf 2.235 bto 1.831 wtf??? So i started measuring majority measured oal .985 meanwhile the bullet I started with came in at .995. I ended up with 5-6 that were all over .990. The base to ogive measure consistently at .585 if I remember right. Have to look at my notes. So with that measure bullet oal to weed out the oddballs. I used the oddballs but instead oh measuring oal 2.245 they measure at 2.255 but like I said the bto is all consistent across the board..

I’m pretty sure this happened because I had left over bullets from another box and dumped them into a box i just opened up and mixed them up.. ph ucking hornady bullets.. it’s love hate relationship that’s for sure 😁

You are telling me. I loaded up some today and measured the oal and they were .010" longer than the previous ones I loaded. Different lot number, but why in the hell does Hornady always want to [bleep] with a good thing? I've known they are like that that for years, but damn...

79s, how did you do at your shoot?

I did two shoots yesterday cmp vintage shoot 100yd reduced shoot. I did it with my M1 garand, 10 slowfire from prone, 10 rapid fire from prone starting from standing position, 10 slow fire standing. Standing slowfire, I was good for 8 but flinched so damn bad on 2 one I completely missed the target lol ended up with 234 out of 300.,
Next shoot was high power 10 slow fire from standing, 10 rapid fire sitting, 10 rapid fire prone and 20 slow fire from prone. I felt pretty good about my standing slow fire all my shots were on target. We get down to score and fella scoring goes i only count 9? I dig in my coat pocket and yep #10 still in my pocket ph uck me.. So it counted as a a miss. Anyhow I ended up with a 426 out of 500. A lot of rust for a bunch of us..

Hey, it goes that way sometimes buddy. Better luck next time..That damn offhand unsupported kicks my azz too... Most times, I'm happy if I keep them all in the scoring rings. I know I talk a lot of chidt sometimes, but those competitions are tough. Cool that you are shooting an m1 Garand. I shot against a cocky Attorney and his son, once, that had tricked out M1 Garands. They used them in our military rifle shoots. I was using my m96 Carl Gustav 6.5x55. I was planning on just having fun with the guys in the club, but when I overheard they had $3,000.00 into their rifles and then watched the Attorney shoot that sob during practice, I decided I better not give them an inch and switched over to my good eye. Shot right handed and won the whole match.. Bought that rifle on a Friday and the shoot was the next day. Luckily I had enough time to shoot some factory ammo through the rifle and then load up some good ammo from that brass, all the night before the shoot... The funny thing about that rifle was it was shooting about 10" high at 100 yards!!! I had to hold way low on the target, just to keep them in the black.. Later I bought a new front sight to bring the elevation/POI down where I needed it....Here's the target I shot with my Swedish mauser the day I installed the sight:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
That rifle is a sweet heart to shoot.. It holds very steady in the offhand position too..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA