Originally Posted by David_Walter
Optics, like red dot sights, aren’t about “better acquisition of a target.” They’re about “faster acquisition of the target” in a manner that allows engagement at speed.

They have different purposes.

If iron sights were as fast or faster than red dots, they’d be all the rage in the gun games, like three gun.

Different games we play. That said I've won a few IDPA 3 gun type stages with AR and irons... its all in how you practice and how good the competition is.. LoL

Never discount irons, especially once you realize WHAT is important to irons and what isn't. The fact that most just don't or won't use irons, and I get that, doesn't mean they aren't plenty good for 9 out of 10 issues.

Worst thing with irons to me, is lighting.. you have to have good light... IE early and late suck. Last good buck I shot I could not have with the irons on the Glock but the RMR allowed the shot early in the morning on the 11 pointer.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....