Wasting 90 bullets or proving 100?

smile

I actually patterned #4 buck today in my Benelli. Okie land is now #4 buckshot friendly so I had to try some just to see, nevermind that I haven't shot my shotgun in at least 4 years till today.

I shot pistols with numb hands, sighted in my BUIS's on the new AR and then went and shot 30 rounds with the Sionics barrel, it was so bad I didn't shoot but 3 10 round groups, the 4th wouldn't have been any better.

On the MK262, Sierra supplied the bullet but DOD wanted a cannelure and they refused. Nosler was more than happy to oblige and Sierra finally decided a cannelure wasn't such a bad idea...
It was supposedly produced with a "blended" powder that produced better velocity than anything commercially available. The Shooters World powder thread makes me wonder if that isn't it.
[Linked Image]
The top 2 groups are 77 NCC's and the bottom (supposed to be the ammo it likes) 55 NBT's. Not everyday is meant for shooting I guess.
Oh and I loaded 10, fired 10 with the 1-4 Trijicon scope but I bet the barrel didn't get above freezing smile it was cold today!

Last edited by TWR; 02/09/19.