Originally Posted by David_Walter
A little shooting yesterday, cold (40* F), calm and 100 yards with a slight incline (maybe 5%).

First up, my new Ruger American in 7.62x39, with SWFA 6X MQ. Left group with factory Hornady 123 SST steel case ammo - 1-1/4". The right with Silver Bear 123 Soft points. Both five shots. Looks like Hornady wins.

[Linked Image]

Next was an experiment with 69 TMK and 75 BTHP in my 223. I wanted to do this with Benchmark, but none to be found locally.

So, I had some new Remington brass with federal primers laying around, and decided to see how Stick's load of 26.5 Lever would shape out.

The right group is the 69 SMK at 2.255 OAL, and the left group is the 75 BTHP at 2.225 OAL (same length, case base to ogive). Both ten shots.

I'm going to load the 75 BTHP out to 2.275 (max mag length) and see how that pans out.

[Linked Image]

Im glad to see someone shooting. Thanks for posting your targets. With some load development, youll fine tune those groups. I shot my new Tikka superlite yesterday and am so close to moa now that it isnt even funny. I was hoping to pop the moa's cherry, but it didnt happen.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA