Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Also some might say the flyers could be run out, it isn’t I checked the run out on the 75 hornady otm and all good..

I know you, you've probably messed with oal too. Maybe rost can help with some accurizing tips for the AR platform? I think I remember him talking about bedding an ar barrel or something? I don't know exactly what is involved, but it sure would be nice to have some sort of a sticky in regards to accurizing an ar. I'm used to tuning up a bolt action, but haven't messed with ar's enough to know what it takes to make them tick........

Bedding. Fairly easy. Get an accuwedge or o rings to put up pressure on the gun when assembled. Take apart. Rough up the upper where it bears, make sure you release agent the lower, then bedding compound like steel bed on the upper and lightly assemble and push the pins through under the wedge tension really easy.

Let it set up and trim up later.

Bedding makes almost no difference at all in accuracy though. FWIW. I'd waste time on it as a high master in the sport, but not much time...

One of these days I'd like to shoot those guns off a rest just to see if I do any better with them and those loads or not. I doubt it though. But you don't know till you try it.

Heck I'm so rusty at shooting I probably would shoot worse. I know my iron sight groups on here from how many years ago sure sucked. I aint any better lets just say.

I'd check runout of loaded rounds.

The other thing as mentioned like Varget, shoot Audettes at longer ranges. Then shoot test groups from the first node to start touching to when it starts to open. Pick from there, I usually end up around the middle.

Then the best thing for your brain to get it, put 10 down with the charge. Put a new target up over that one. Put 10 down with .3 less. New target over that, put 10 down with .3 over... you'll get the idea when you pull the top 2 targets usually and look at the first one... few tenths does NOT matter if you have the right load.

Pull down accurate factory ammo like GMM... same same.

I run accuwedge already..

I either bed em or not. I don't have a bedded one for a hunting gun. In fact I don't get anal on hunting guns, if they get close to MOA I'm happy.

And in all my testing 1/10 of an inch and more round groups if that makes sense, evenly spaced holes so to speak, at 300 yards. Neither the wedge or bedding is going to help you enough for it to be an issue.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....