Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by gunner500
NICE! good shooting 4thpoint, i'll take this challenge again when my new 6.5 Swede build is done, it'll wear a 3-12 LRTS.

Gunner,

I'm interested in the details of your Swede build (action, stock, barrel, etc.). Bullet and velocity you are expecting, as well.

I'll probably shoot the challenge again, once I replace/fix the trigger. Light triggers have been a crutch of mine, and I've been working to fix that, but the 4 lb. pull was a bit more than I am used to. I think the rifle is mechanically capable of doing better. I'm the weakest link in the system.

Jason

Hello Jason,

My new Swede build will wear a 28" stainless #15 Kreiger barrel, 7.5 twist, .820" at the muzzle, screwed to a Baco M-70 action, with bolt and barrel done in right hand Helical twist, bolt knob will be the Hunter model in right hand Helical twist as well, it all sits in a McMil Edge stock, pillared and floated, bottom metal bedded too.

A 3-12 LRTS will ride in NF rings mounted to a steel 20 minute NF rail, it's going to be a fun rifle build for back porch coyotes and pigs to 700 yards here at the farm, I have a couple hundred Lapua cases, some 143gr RDF's, 147gr ELD's and 150 gr SMK's to start load workup with.

I'm going to be leaning hard on 28 inches of barrel looking for 2900-2950 fps, Retumbo and H-1000 are first in line to try.

Trump Won!