I like your enthusiasm gunner. One shoot you may be interested in trying is the Carl Ross positional match:

Carl Ross postal positional match

This gets us off the bench and more into our favorite field positions. It's also a timed event, so there's no dilly dallying around. You really got to work at it to get a decent score. The best I did was actually with one of my favorite AR's. I've mentioned this shoot quite a few times, but it doesn't get a lot of interest. Formidilosus played along, as did a few others, who actually earned my respect in that shoot. I believe I was the high score on that shoot, with my 18 out of 20 score, and didn't even post my best score of 19 out of 20:
[Linked Image]

because there was such a lack of interest in that shoot. I tried bumping that one along, but no one wanted to play. Even Pat Sinclair tried, but with only 2 shots on each target, then never posted again...

I also believe Formid uses this drill on occasion as a partial training for his guys. Generally I shoot this with my new rifles, to see how they do in different field positions, which is extremely valuable to me as a hunter. I've actually sent a couple rifles down the road, after shooting this event and finding out they didn't fit me well enough to warrant keeping around.

The AR that surprised the chit out of me, with the score of 19/20, was my Northtech defense with a 20" fluted stainless barrel:
[Linked Image]
I also used this rifle to shoot my second best score (my best was .833 MOA with my Stag 6H) in the black rifle challenge:
[Linked Image]

I highly suggest you try this one out for yourself buddy. It is excellent practice and keeps your field positions from getting too rusty..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA