OH thanks! It started life as a Colt Hbar A3 flattop but as it became a teenager I've been fooling around with it. I recently bought an Aero Precision upper (complete) to play with as I want to keep the Colt original upper intact. I'll be taking a stab at building one soon but I need way more range time also! I also added a Magpul PRS so it would ride a bag better, added a spacer between the handgrip and the receiver that put my finger on the trigger where it belongs. I believe Aero used a Ballistic Advantage 16" barrel with a 5.56 chamber and mid length gas. Right now its sporting an Athalon Midas BTR 2.5-15x50 in a Swafa one piece mount (that needed lapping). It really needs a trigger! Looking at the CMC match (large pin, 2.5lb pull).

ah it does seem to like the Varget but its funny how the 26.5 (1/2 a grain more) opened up so quickly! The Ar-comp load it liked was 25.0, 1/2 a grain under listed max.

Any tips? This old man ain't to proud to take some advice, although every time I learn a little something it ends up lightening my wallet considerably!!! lol

Last edited by GhettoSportman; 06/19/19. Reason: changed "16' barrel" to 16"

Proper prior practice prevents piss poor performance!