Okay, here's a new entry...actually the same rifle I put up here on this thread a few weeks ago, but this time I've followed the rules to the letter (at least I think I did) to satisfy our stickler for rules, Mr. BSA himself. Results were actually a little better this time.

First, the range...this is at North Texas Shooters Association located a few miles north of Denton. Conditions were excellent.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here's my rig. I've described it before in detail (it has a bit of a history as a problem rifle), but in general it's a Model 70 HV on its second barrel (an OEM takeoff from another M70 purchased from Gun Parts Corp. a few years ago). I think I put a Rifle Basix trigger in this one about three years ago but I'd have to look through a large pile of receipts to verify that. It sits in an HS Precision stock. The scope is a Burris Fullfield E1 6.5-20x50 supported by Leupold Dual Dovetail bases and rings.

After I completed the first group, I thought I'd try to take this shot. It worked okay, but it can be done better. Just did it for the hell of it. I have several targets posted at the time, but the one I shot is the upper right-hand target. If you look closely you can just make out the first group.

...and here are my results.

My 0.88" average works out to be about 0.84 MOA. This is the second consecutive successful attempt to do this with this rifle and load, so I feel comfortable making the claim that it will shoot MOA all day long.

Did I earn your seal of approval, BSA?
wink

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.