Originally Posted by rost495
yes, I have great advice, quit shooting 10 shot load test groups. Research and find the best primer for each powder, like BR4 for Varget etc... and sorry I have no answer for the newer powders, but Tac did ok with M41s and 450s years ago.

Then load and Audette test, and carefully shoot that test once, if not 3 times and pick a cluster take the middle load and then shoot 10 shot test groups.]

Pisses me off today its ladder load test method buy Creighton came up with it.

Anyway it shows sweet spots and non sweet spots your varget load might be right on the edge...accuracy wise.

I'm looking for an accurate load towards the top, that doesn't seem to matter a few tenths one way or the other...

I know we like our 10 shot groups here and I agree with you on quit shooting 10 shot load test groups. Generally you will know all you need to know about a load after the first 3 to 5 shots. Generally speaking, then I would shoot 10 shot groups to "prove" the best performing candidates. That's generally how I do it. Others mileage may vary....

rost, sometimes I'll do a side by side comparison of 2 different loads. Like the last time out with the new CTR:

[Linked Image]
The next time out, with the load it likes, it should shoot sub .7 moa consistently....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA