Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gunner500
NICE shooting Buddy!

Thanks buddy. Hows your 6.5x55 project going? Ill bet thats going to be a shooting sob.

Yessir, just fine, getting to know it a little, installed a Timney at around 1.5lbs, put three rounds in 6.5 inches at 900 yards the other day, it likes the little 147gr ELD's at 2962 fps over 53.5gr H-1000 lit with BR2's in Lapua cases, col 3.140 inch, e.s. 8 fps.

I sure like the build and am more than happy I went standard 6.5x55.

That is awesome man. I really like my old 6.5x55 m96. Yours is modern and you can run those babies hotter than the creed. That sweedish mauser is so damn accurate too. I think you chose wisely. Damn, that es is low. I remember my 300 WSM load that i shot in competition was 9 fps sd. The only reason i know that is because a guy i shot with wanted to check my loads over a chrono because it shot so well. He was actually a little pissed. It was funny, he asked, "what do you do for a living again?" I said, I'm a welder. He said, i dont know how you do it, "I'm an aeronautical engineer and my loads arent in the single digits, but yours are?" I said, just keep trying buddy grin I don't need a chrono graph to tell me my loads are good... wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I shoot the mofo, if it doesn't tell me what I want on paper, I could care less what the chrono says..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA