Originally Posted by Bob_B257
This test has given me a new respect for those that can put the holes close together for so many shots. I have to do some load work up for a hunt.
Pulled out the trusty 1970's push feed Win 70 in 30-06. It does not like 150's... but I don't like the way 180's hit my shoulder.
Early on in the load work I began to use the two side by side target layout. Shot one bullet in a side then one in the other so conditions did not change. For sure it showed elevation changes due to powder drop changes. But It also showed just how good a shooter is who can pile 20 down range and keep them all looking good.
My targets look more like Troys than BSA's..... but. Troy, don't feel so bad.
Worked this same set up out to 200yds with a bigger diamond side by side and things remained about the same. Its zeroed now and GTG from 12 yds out to 200.
But I don't expect to see groups like BSA"s from it any time soon.
Tip of the cap to those that own rifles that will do it, and those that can.

Bob, shooting this challenge is an eye opener for a lot of us here. Its great practice and excellent for finding your rifles true zero and aiding in developing a good load. As for my buddy Troy, i give him an a for effort. Hes always gotten his buck, even though he doesnt really like shooting off a bench. He knows his limitations and i respect him for that. Youll never hear him brag about shooting "sub 1/2 moa all day long". Hes a good ol boy and loves hunting.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA