Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by DubThomas
It was a nice day on Saturday so I took several rifles to the range for a little sighting in action. I'm going to start sticking with one load for every rifle instead of having multiple loads. Hopefully, this will save me a little coin. Anyway, one of them I took was my CZ527 in .223. It's pretty accurate and I had a good load with the 50 gr. Nosler BT, but I also had 14 50 gr. Sierra Blitz kings left that I thought I'd load up and see what happens. I used 25.0 grains of IMR 3031 and the Remington 7-1/2 or the CCI 400 trying to see which load I like better. I think I'll stick with the Rem 7-1/2.

I had a pretty good group going until the guy next to me started unloading with his SBR! The muzzle blast from that damn thing was horrendous and he was 10 feet away from me.

[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/14969805/24-hcf-challenge[/img]

I can't get the pics to post correctly for some reason. And they're all turned wrong. WTF!

Looking great mr. Thomas. Looks like most, if not all, are sub moa groups. You do the math for us, but one target looks like a .645 moa avg. Im on my cell phone at work right now. Too bad the pictures are in a link. Other than that, thats exactly how you do it. Calipers are centered over the group too. We may finally have a 10th shooter to produce an actual sub moa score. Good job!!

I cannot get the pictures to post correctly on this site. I don't know what it is, but I can't get it right. The only target to score is the last one really. The first one was test loads with the 50 gr. Sierra and different primers. The last target is the 50 gr. Nosler BT and 25.0 gr. IMR 30301 and the Remington 7-1/2 primer. One group measures .640 and the other .850 for an average of 0.745.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!