Originally Posted by MikeS
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
[quote=bsa1917hunter][quote=79S][quote=Tyrone]What lot#?

The funny thing about that rifle was it was shooting about 10" high at 100 yards!!! I had to hold way low on the target, just to keep them in the black.. Later I bought a new front sight to bring the elevation/POI down where I needed it.

What you were experiencing is that those sights are set up for a "battle zero" . 1903 Springfields are set for 547 yards (500 meters) and yours were set for a similar distance. Those were pre dial twisting days.

Yes sir Mike. My Carl Gustav m96 is/was calibrated for a 300 meter zero with the elevator all the way down. Some guys don't realize that. That is the reason it was shooting so high at 100 yards. The good thing is you can buy different front sight blades to get you dialed in pretty good at 100 yards. In the picture I posted above, you can see where it says "+1.5". I believe I also bought a +1 front blade as well, but ended up not needing it...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This rifle is a sweetheart to shoot.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA