Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
BSA what was the load you were shooting?

41.5 gr H4350
140gr ELDM
CCI 200
2.820" OAL
Starline brass

Man, that sounds like a great load to have shot like that from the Tikka. Wouldn’t have guessed that at all.

It probably would have been more accurate, but it was pretty windy. The barrel also isnt completely freefloated. Im going to open up the barrel channel all the way to the front of the receiver. We'll see what difference that makes, if any. Like i said, its a great baseline. I expect accuracy to improve with just a little tinkering and load development. These tikkas are good shooters out of the box, but theres always room for improvement. Its not like my BSA model E, where i glass bedded, added a timney and refinished even before the first shot was fired (by me). That rifle turned in some 1/2 moa groups on its first outing last friday. I keep urging you guys to shoot your tikkas in this challenge. Unlike me, this go around, i know you have a fine tuned handload perfectly dialed for your rifle. Post them up. Its easy to do.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA