Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by mathman
Stuff like that is why I adjust seating dies every time I use them. When doing so I also use a comparator and seat to a head to ogive standard. Unless it takes me out of bounds for fitting into the magazine I'm not concerned at all about overall cartridge length.

This weekend I cracked open a new 500 count box of Hornady 168 grain bthp match bullets. Seated then per my usual procedure and lo and behold, the overall cartridge length was twenty thou over that for the previous lot number. Immaterial since base to ogive was right and they shot as well and to the same POI as always.

We are more or less talking about loading for ar15's, so we try to stay at or under 2.255". If a new lot of bullets creates an issue of the seater die seating them to an OAL of 2.265", then you can see where the problem lies. I really could care less about using a comparator to measure, as base to tip of the bullet is more critical in this case.

Or you set your die to seat to 2.245, verify with comparator. Then you find other bullets you are using are .010 shorter now you are seating bullets to 2.235.. only with hornady bullets lol

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.