Originally Posted by ChrisF
I'm about out of popcorn, so I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents worth...

I think I've gone full circle over the years. Who the hell neck turns lapua cases, weighs primers, throws powder out of a Prometheus and produces ammo with less than 2 thou TIR to shoot out of an autoloading M14 at 600 yards? ...that was me. Emphasis on "was". I have a friend named Konrad Powers and we independently have ended up in sorta the same place. Sorta because he wins a lot more [bleep] than me. But I'm pretty sure our rifles shoot about the same because they're built by the same guy who's also our friend. Here's Konrad's thoughts on loading and shooting for Highpower Rifle Competition since he says it better than I could with much more credibility because of his aforementioned habit of winning.
http://www.sw-hearing.com/konrad/thoughts/load_development.html

It's a wonder I've won anything shooting 168 SMK's, 68 Hornady's and 80gr Sierra's. Shhh...don't tell anybody, but I've won a few things at 600 yards with 77gr SMK's...but you didn't hear it from me because rumor has it that they fall out of the sky at 599 yards.

I've decided that my best "bang" for my buck (pardon the pun) is to focus on executing the best shots that I can in every condition that I will shoot in.

Very interesting read and noptel trainer pretty damn cool! Far as the 77 Sierra's our 2nd match a 600yds I shot my best score, since I started this a 196. the 3rd match at 600 yds the wind picked once I got my windage figured out I was gtg. But ended up with a 184, the fella next to me was shooting Sierra 80's and was doing very well with them. So I figured I jump up-to the 88's they shoot very well. Your friend brought up a great point with glasses and I need to get some shooting glasses. I'm in my 40's and unfortunately I have bifocals. I need to get something figured out with these damn glasses.

Last edited by 79S; 06/20/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.