Originally Posted by RiverRider
Okay, here's a new entry...actually the same rifle I put up here on this thread a few weeks ago, but this time I've followed the rules to the letter (at least I think I did) to satisfy our stickler for rules, Mr. BSA himself. Results were actually a little better this time.

First, the range...this is at North Texas Shooters Association located a few miles north of Denton. Conditions were excellent.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here's my rig. I've described it before in detail (it has a bit of a history as a problem rifle), but in general it's a Model 70 HV on its second barrel (an OEM takeoff from another M70 purchased from Gun Parts Corp. a few years ago). I think I put a Rifle Basix trigger in this one about three years ago but I'd have to look through a large pile of receipts to verify that. It sits in an HS Precision stock. The scope is a Burris Fullfield E1 6.5-20x50 supported by Leupold Dual Dovetail bases and rings.

After I completed the first group, I thought I'd try to take this shot. It worked okay, but it can be done better. Just did it for the hell of it. I have several targets posted at the time, but the one I shot is the upper right-hand target. If you look closely you can just make out the first group.

...and here are my results.

My 0.88" average works out to be about 0.84 MOA. This is the second consecutive successful attempt to do this with this rifle and load, so I feel comfortable making the claim that it will shoot MOA all day long.

Did I earn your seal of approval, BSA?
wink

Looks great. I give you an A+ for sure.. Love the rifle and like the fact you are using a Burris rifle scope in the DD's. I like that you are rocking the Winchester model 70 and making it shoot that well...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA