Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

My old hunting rifle. Tikka superlite:
[Linked Image]

Obviously, the super light is bad.

Please send to me for T&E.

Yeah, ha ha.. I do need to start testing some "hunting" bullets in it though. My buddy has one (cabela's superlite) that shoots pretty good with the Hornady precision hunter ammo, using the 143gr ELDX.. I'm thinking about giving that bullet a try next... Target shooting is pretty much done with that rifle. I have 3 other 6.5 creedmoors that are better suited for punching paper... I know guys use the 147 ELD match bullets for hunting, but after having some issues with a bad lot of 140 ELD match bullets, I'll likely never use them on a game animal:
[Linked Image]
That was 4 shots and the jacket separated before it hit the paper..... I sent the rest of the bad bullets to Hornady for them to inspect... What pisses me off is I was getting ready to do some F-class shooting with my new rifle and that bullet. I hope I'll never see that from a bullet again. I don't think those pieces would have made it 600+ yards!!! grin

[Linked Image]

Oh well, I bought 700 140 ELD match bullets from a new lot. We'll see how they do... blush Time to start working up a good load for the new girls...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA