I'm going out on the limb again and I"ll say it one last time. Primers can, and can not, make HUGE differences. Hence the issue of do a bit of research before starting a ladder test.

And really I only do one ladder test. Down and dirty and simple but you have to make perfect shots so you have no induced fliers.

Then you can pick and shoot some 3-5 shot groups while playing and eventually get to 10 shot groups.

Then you can take the best you have and run all the primers again just to see. I 've seen primers cut groups in half and more than double group size.

Then you can tweak seating depth, neck tension etc..

Chris is right but he is off on a different direction about shooting the best shots. Thats after the load is done. And I'm no longer as anal about the very best accuracy, but I feel I get more than acceptable by a ladder and a few multi shot test groups in the sweet spot etc... and then I'm good to start match shooting. But shooting part is different than load part. To be honest just breaking the best shots you can, has a LOT more to do with mental on top of it too.

RE different loads for 79S, he is shooting matches all the time. It never hurts to play with loads while doing that, especially local matches, not getting ready for Perry etc..

RE light, I was not aware that light had that much to do with optics groups, but then I've rarely shot optics in matches.. with irons it can create lots of issues though. both horizontal and vertical. and if its changing on top of it...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....