I think a really better thing would be to shoot one shot a day, for 20 days on the same target personally. Group size would go up again.

Not that its a bad thing, but the more folks understand there is a combo of things going on, weapon accuracy, shooter accuracy and conditions, at a minimum, it then SHOULD help them understand what max distance means. Or should mean, IMHO.

That said there is a certain part of getting a gun hot, to show if it has any trends, and the fact that the more you see a bughole develop the more nervous you can get, and thats a good thing to get away from too.

Its been years since I've shot enough to be competent, but the other day we had a gut pile out at 1383 yards I think it was, waiting on a grizz to take it over and I was totally convinced that prone I could make a shot from our vantage point. But we could get a lot closer easily so it would not have been, but if not shooting a lot and dont have the proof, the knowledge adn the skill, you don't have confidence then.IMHO

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....