Late to the party...just my style, I guess.

These were fired this morning from my Model 70 HV in .223 Remington. It is scoped with a Burris Fullfield E1 6.5-20x50 mounted with Warne steel bases and Zee rings. The original barrel was a 24" stainless pipe that was AFU on the inside, and I replaced it with a 26" Winchester barrel from Gun Parts Corp. a couple of years back. The rifle has frustrated me with flyers since I rebarreled it and I finally got fed up and a few days ago I dumped the 50-grain V-Max / Benchmark combination and decided to try 50-grain Ballistic Tips with X-Terminator. During my last outing (no photos from that trip to the range) it quickly became obvious that this was much more to the rifle's liking.

Today at the range:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have not used bipods extensively and am still getting used to them. I found that having something soft under the feet seems to help calm things down. Could be psychological, but I gotta work with what I got.

For today I had loaded up three sets of rounds at different seating depths to shoot at 100 yards, but I had forgotten about this plan by the time I got to the range this morning. The first two groups were five shots, and they are very satisfactory. The next two groups were fired at 200 yards and the load held up well, and I've posted images of that target also. After the first four groups at 100 and 200 yards performed well I decided to shoot 10-shot groups at 100 yards to see how they'd do. As I was doing this I remembered that there were different seating depths, but I decided to just run with it. Loads 1,2, & 3 were my starting depth, 4,5,6,& 7 were seated 0.005" deeper, and loads 8,9, & 10 were seated yet 0.005" deeper yet. The funny thing is loads 7 & 8 were a mismatch but turned in the best 10-shot group of the day. However, when I fired the group with loads 9 & 10 I pulled the first shot hard left but I chased the bullet hole to try and keep the group under MOA. It worked out okay, but that group should have ended up at about 0.70 inch. Oh well...I can make more ammo. wink

I fired not just two, but three sub-MOA groups.

Here's what loads 3 and 4 did at 200:

I think I'm a happy camper. Now, on to the next problem rifle...

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.