I thought it time for another covid winge.

Here in Brisbane recently a hotel cleaner/worker contracted the new highly contageous version of covid from quarantining overseas travellers, and visited several shopping centres and retail outlets before she discovered she had the virus. Jeanette ordered a lockdown for Brisbane and surrounding areas. From testing it was discovered that the highly contageous new version had only managed to be passed on from the hotel worker to her partner.

The "kicker" is that Jeanette is claiming the shutdown as a success when in fact it had nothing to do with it - the covid hadn't community spread in the first place. Admittedly if it had spread, the shutdown probably would have helped, but claiming victory where there is none, is just plain wrong.

An honest response would have been to say that the shutdown was a precaution but subsequently found to not provide any benefit, but then I guess that might open some sort of floodgate of the border shutdowns being unnecessary - I think they are still claiming victory over that to avoid any responsibility for the subsequent unnecessary financial damage caused.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 01/16/21.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?