Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Raspy
Seems you obviously do not know the deference between the old testament and the new covenant....the new testament....nice try...and deflection is your game, LOL...

That's you. You are too blinded by your religious conditioning to accept that Jesus was a Jew.

You are very confused or a liar...of course Jesus was a Jew....Jesus himself didn't write the Gospels' they are late-first-century accounts that are continually being interpreted.

Originally Posted by DBT
The words of Jesus have him affirming the law of the prophets, not abolishing it. Again, if the law was superseded by Jesus, his words 'think not that I have come to abolish the law' would be a lie.

Of course, but more word salad who is disagreeing? More word salad and deflection.

Why cannot you answer my questions instead of using a word salad type of answers?

Originally Posted by DBT
So says the king of word salads, who typically misses the point because the point does not suit his theology.

Ha! what a joke...another lying schemer...at least you got my gender right, that is a first!!!You are the Queen of WORD SALADS...LOL
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You are the one that ask "If God is a loving God, why the treachery? And my answer was...When God says in the old testament to wipe everyone out, you have to realize in the old testament, this is hyperbolic language, because in the next verse it says , "do not inter-marry with them"....HA! so if god just wiped everybody out, then how can one inter-marry with them? So DBT, can you see that back then that the language meant this had to be a decisive victory? It would be like saying today that in a USA football game that the Chiefs annihilate the Rams....so it is just a strong way of saying-they beat them badly.

Originally Posted by DBT
Hyperbolic? That's laugh. The order to slaughter is not hyperbole.

It absolutely is hyperbolic language...again, and read slowly and carefully....When God says in the old testament to wipe everyone out, you have to realize in the old testament, this is hyperbolic language, because in the next verse it says , "do not inter-marry with them"....HA! so if god just wiped everybody out, then how can one inter-marry with them? So DBT, can you see that back then that the language meant this had to be a decisive victory? It would be like saying today that in a USA football game that the Chiefs annihilate the Rams....so it is just a strong way of saying-they beat them badly.

I stand by my answers, and again, you can believe what you want to believe and I will do the same.

Originally Posted by DBT
Of course you stand by your answers, but that doesn't make them right.

Maybe, or maybe not...that is my belief....

Originally Posted by DBT
God is love. - 1 John 4:8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.' 1 Corinthians 13;

Of course, no qualms...

Originally Posted by DBT
''Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ - 1 Samuel 25:3

Again, this is hyperbolic language...pretty please? again, and read slowly and carefully....When God says in the old testament to wipe everyone out, you have to realize in the old testament, this is hyperbolic language, because in the next verse it says , "do not inter-marry with them"....HA! so if god just wiped everybody out, then how can one inter-marry with them? So DBT, can you see that back then that the language meant this had to be a decisive victory? It would be like saying today that in a USA football game that the Chiefs annihilate the Rams....so it is just a strong way of saying-they beat them badly.

Last edited by Raspy; 09/29/23. Reason: spelling

Illegitimi non carborundum