Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by DBT
Seems you obviously do not know the deference between the old testament and the new covenant....the new testament....nice try...and deflection is your game, LOL...

That's you. You are too blinded by your religious conditioning to accept that Jesus was a Jew.

You are very confused or a liar...of course Jesus was a Jew....Jesus himself didn't write the Gospels' they are late-first-century accounts that are continually being interpreted.

Originally Posted by DBT
The words of Jesus have him affirming the law of the prophets, not abolishing it. Again, if the law was superseded by Jesus, his words 'think not that I have come to abolish the law' would be a lie.

Of course, but more word salad who is disagreeing? More word salad and deflection.

Why cannot you answer my questions instead of using a word salad type of answers?

Originally Posted by DBT
So says the king of word salads, who typically misses the point because the point does not suit his theology.

Ha! what a joke...another lying schemer...at least you got my gender right, that is a first!!!You are the Queen of WORD SALADS...LOL
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You are the one that ask "If God is a loving God, why the treachery? And my answer was...When God says in the old testament to wipe everyone out, you have to realize in the old testament, this is hyperbolic language, because in the next verse it says , "do not inter-marry with them"....HA! so if god just wiped everybody out, then how can one inter-marry with them? So DBT, can you see that back then that the language meant this had to be a decisive victory? It would be like saying today that in a USA football game that the Chiefs annihilate the Rams....so it is just a strong way of saying-they beat them badly.

Originally Posted by DBT
Hyperbolic? That's laugh. The order to slaughter is not hyperbole.

It absolutely is hyperbolic language...again, and read slowly and carefully....When God says in the old testament to wipe everyone out, you have to realize in the old testament, this is hyperbolic language, because in the next verse it says , "do not inter-marry with them"....HA! so if god just wiped everybody out, then how can one inter-marry with them? So DBT, can you see that back then that the language meant this had to be a decisive victory? It would be like saying today that in a USA football game that the Chiefs annihilate the Rams....so it is just a strong way of saying-they beat them badly.

I stand by my answers, and again, you can believe what you want to believe and I will do the same.

Originally Posted by DBT
Of course you stand by your answers, but that doesn't make them right.

Maybe, or maybe not...that is my belief....

Originally Posted by DBT
God is love. - 1 John 4:8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.' 1 Corinthians 13;

Of course, no qualms...

Originally Posted by DBT
''Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’ - 1 Samuel 25:3

Again, this is hyperbolic language...pretty please? again, and read slowly and carefully....When God says in the old testament to wipe everyone out, you have to realize in the old testament, this is hyperbolic language, because in the next verse it says , "do not inter-marry with them"....HA! so if god just wiped everybody out, then how can one inter-marry with them? So DBT, can you see that back then that the language meant this had to be a decisive victory? It would be like saying today that in a USA football game that the Chiefs annihilate the Rams....so it is just a strong way of saying-they beat them badly.

Amazing....are you having a meltdown?

Just look at the word salads you produce in defense of the indefensible....does irony ring a bell?

Why is it hyperbole when we read that God orders slaughter? Is every contradiction to be brushed off as hyperbole?

Your hyperbole defense is laughable.

You still fail to grasp that Yahweh began as a tribal god of war, the god of Israel, who were polytheistic during the early period of the religion.

''The Lord is a man of war,'' Exodus 15:3.

"The Lord shall go forth as a mighty man, He shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: He shall cry, yea roar; He shall prevail against His enemies". Isaiah 42:13

''So now, kill all the boys, as well as every woman who has had relations with a man, 18but spare for yourselves every girl who has never had relations with a man.'' - Numbers 31:18

Hyperbole? No, just a reflection on the brutality of life in that period.

Again;

''Yahweh was an ancient Levantine deity, and national god of the Israelite kingdoms of Israel and Judah.[3] Though no consensus exists regarding the deity's origins,[4] scholars generally contend that Yahweh emerged as a "divine warrior" associated first with Seir, Edom, Paran and Teman,[5] and later with Canaan. The origins of his worship reach at least to the early Iron Age, and likely to the Late Bronze Age, if not somewhat earlier.[6]

In the oldest biblical literature he possesses attributes typically ascribed to weather and war deities, fructifying the land and leading the heavenly army against Israel's enemies.[7] The early Israelites were polytheistic and worshipped Yahweh alongside a variety of Canaanite gods and goddesses, including El, Asherah and Baal.[8] In later centuries, El and Yahweh became conflated and El-linked epithets such as El Shaddai came to be applied to Yahweh alone,[9] and other gods and goddesses such as Baal and Asherah were absorbed into Yahwist religion.[10]

Towards the end of the Babylonian captivity, the existence of other gods was denied, and Yahweh was proclaimed the creator deity and sole divinity to be worshipped.[11] During the Second Temple period, speaking the name of Yahweh in public became regarded as taboo,[12] and Jews instead began to substitute other words, primarily adonai (אֲדֹנָי‬‎, "my Lord"). In Roman times, following the Siege of Jerusalem and destruction of its Temple, in 70 CE, the original pronunciation of the god's name was forgotten entirely.[13]

Yahweh is also invoked in Papyrus Amherst 63, and in Jewish or Jewish-influenced Greco-Egyptian magical texts from the 1st to 5th century CE.'' - Yahweh, Wikipedia.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." Susan B. Anthony

''And why does this same God tell me how to raise my children when he had to drown his?'' - Robert Green Ingersoll

''Do you not know that every religion in the world has declared every other religion a fraud? Yes, we all know it. That is the time all religions tell the truth - each of the other.'' - Robert Green Ingersoll