The levels of pressure varied somewhat as between different states. There also was a good deal of lying. Perhaps most disappointing, and this certainly wasn't confined to Australia, was the corruption of science. As a scientist myself, who actually did formal study in the philosophy of science, it was and continues to be a great disappointment, to put it mildly, to see "the Science" being used as a means of propaganda, to stifle dissent, and to be so obviously tainted. Science is about challenging, about questioning, about falsifying hypotheses. If a hypothesis cannot be tested it is no more than supposition.

FWIW I read the actual scientific papers as they came out. I went back and did a literature search of the existing knowledge when it came to such things as masking, isolation etc. These controls were palpable nonsense, which a century of science had found against.

Further, I read the material on the injectables, including the frankly terrible results for safety and efficacy - even from the suppliers themselves, right from the start. As a result I chose not to accept any of these injections, as did my family.

I, and my household, have had one confirmed bout of Covid, quite some time back. It was no more than a mild cold, and if it hadn't have been for the testing I probably wouldn't have noticed it. We haven't had a return bout.

IMHO the hysteria about it did far more harm than the disease itself.

I haven't read more than a couple of posts in this thread. It seems to be dominated by petty point-scoring, and I have no interest in that.