Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by bowmanh
"Sure, there are rare adverse reactions to the vaccination, as with any vaccine.

Probable causal association is speculation and far from compelling proof of anything. People looking at data and arriving at conclusions with nothing solid to back it - just like what the god botherers do.

Deny your countries atrocious covid statistics if that makes you feel better - maybe let WorldOMeters know they've got the wrong data.

You still have nothing to back-up your stance that the vaccination was useless."

You sound like CNN. You claim that any research that doesn't align with your beliefs isn't credible, but provide no substantive arguments to support your beliefs. Dismissing research as "speculation" doesn't prove your point. You need to provide evidence, which you haven't done. Why does Australia have all these excess deaths? And why do African countries have far fewer Covid deaths than developed countries? You still haven't addressed either of these except to dismiss them without evidence.

As far as vaccine injuries, even the VAERS database in the US lists 17,000 deaths associated with the Covid vaccines and almost a million serious reactions. No other vaccine has a record remotely approaching that.

But the big issue that none of the current vaccines proponents address is the issue of excess deaths, because we have seen huge increases worldwide in countries with high vaccination rates. Far more people are dying in excess deaths than died from Covid. Researchers are starting to look into this and I think we will start to get answers pretty soon.

Also, I never said the vaccines were useless. I think they provided some protection against the original version of Covid, but they have little effectiveness against Omicron and I think the drawbacks outweigh the benefits.

You are entitled to your opinion, but based on your responses it doesn't seem to be an informed opinion.

And by the way, I've been vaccinated, so I'm not trying to defend my personal choices with regard to the vaccines. However, I won't be getting any more Covid shots based on the data I've been seeing for the last year or so.

You might want to self-examine your own methodology - you seem to place significance on questionable data from third world countries yet ignore the data from comparable developed countries that contradict your assertion that the vaccination resulted in higher covid death rates. You also dismiss and discount the data on that same website that shows the woeful performance of your country. You do this by unsubstantiated assertions, and don’t provide any proof – the onus is on you to back-up your claims.

You are also willing to buy into a conclusion based only on speculative data – the report you cite does not make claim or provide proof of any causation for the data.

If you are claiming that all excess deaths are vaccination caused - prove it. There is nothing out there to have me believe it, nor do I lose sleep over it.

It sounds like you are arguing that low Covid death rates are due to high vaccination rates but I don't see any data that supports that conclusion. You accuse me of being speculative: please provide the data that supports a cause and effect relation between high vaccination rates and low Covid death rates. The US has a relatively high vaccination rate by international standards so your thesis is not supported just because the reported US death rate is higher than Australia. We know for a fact now that the vaccines do not prevent Covid transmission, so the relatively small difference between the US and Australia vaccination rates (about 20%) is not large enough to explain the difference in deaths.

Over a third of the US population is Latino or black and they have very high rates of obesity, making them vulnerable to severe Covid. Australia does not have an equivalent large minority population with Covid vulnerability. But the big difference is that Australia had almost no Covid cases until 2022, so it escaped the original strain and Delta which were much more deadly than Omicron, and much more likely to kill people. That's the reason the death numbers are lower and not vaccination rates or public policy.

And I'm certainly not ignoring data from developed countries. As a matter of fact I used it in my examples. But there is a huge difference in Covid deaths from developed counties vs Africa and it's too big to be explained by poor reporting. So what is the reason? I've seen research papers that deal with this question so I'm not the only one asking it.

I don't think the US did particularly well with Covid, but there are quite few countries, many in Europe, that have a higher reported Covid death rate than the US. I'd say most developed countries didn't do a very good job handling Covid. However, South Korea and Japan have a lower death rate than Australia, and they also had very little Covid until 2022. The reason they show a low death rate is is probably the same as for Australia: they mostly dealt with Omicron, which is much less deadly then the earlier strains.

On the plus side for the US, we did not implement fascist rules like Australia did, and force people into confinement. And there's also no evidence that confinement lowers the death rate.

It's important to note that the number of excess deaths is far higher than deaths from Covid in many countries, so that's the number we really need to look at. And Australia didn't do too well in that regard. We don't have definitive proof that the excess deaths are a result of the vaccines, but the timing of the rise in excess deaths is very precisely correlated with the timing of mass vaccinations so that is highly suggestive of a relationship. There has been a lot of resistance from governments to researching the cause of excess deaths, probably because they are afraid it will show the failures of their policy, but eventually the cause or causes will be identified.

It may take some time, but a lot of people are starting to pay attention to excess deaths, so we will have a lot more information pretty soon.