Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by DBT
For those who needed to work, enter a clinic, shop for groceries, visit dying relatives in hospital, etc, where proof of vax was required, what sort of choice did they have?

You are looking through the slits of your blinkers, where everything you see is narrow and simple.
I understand, the pressure was apparently tremendous in Australia.

Luckily for me I live in the state of Louisiana. Most places you could just ignore the mask rules and most work places including the clinic and hospital my wife practices at didn't enforce vaccination. Her clinic doesn't even recommend Covid-19 vaccination.

My cardiologist backed down when he tried to tell me I couldn't have a cardiac cath test without being vaccinated.

As an urgent care RN told me "they are crazy if they think they can stop an airborne virus, it goes where it wants to".

What are the restrictions nowadays on unvaccinated Australians?

Oh, there was no pressure applied the US? Where in the land of hero's, rugged individualism and men of might, very few complied?

Wake up, Noddy.
Huh? Plenty of U.S. citizens complied. Probably even a bigger percentage of Canadians.

There was and still is a big push for vaccination with the mRNA concoction and I'm sure millions of Americans will fall in line.

I'm not going to unless shackled and held down but then again we folks in Louisiana are apparently a good bit more free than Australia. I feel bad for your country which I once had a lot of admiration for. I almost felt like it was more free than the USA but I was wrong.

I would guess Australia like the USA is more and more ruled by its urban majority?

As a side note I would speculate that our death rate was enhanced by a large population of blacks and native American Indians that traditionally suffer ill health as a group. And blacks and Indians were bombarded with admonitions to get vaccinated for the dreaded Covid-19.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."