Originally Posted by smokepole
Yes they are. I was using "HIIT" improperly. Henceforth and evermore, I shall refrain from using "HIIT" improperly, because I have seen the light; although I might not give a sh**, others do.

What I do is set the speed on the stair machine at a baseline pace that puts my heart rate in the 150's, by itself. I do 30-second intervals at 50% higher speed, and that will get my bpm up to the mid 170s; then back to the baseline pace for 90 seconds and my bpm will drop down to 160 or so. That's about as intense as I care to do for 30 minutes, without taking a break.

While we're on the subject of each others' workouts, tell me about the 02 trainer, what benefits do you get from that?

Smokepole I was not criticizing you. I just was bring to light they are different things. HIIT is based off of Interval training, so people do confuse them as being the same.

As for the o2 trainer I have seen good advancement in my breathing both in physical workouts and in everyday breathing. No it did not happen over night but it is working. It is simple to use think of a horizontal 4" snorkel in your mouth. It has different size end pieces that go on it with everything from a fairly large hole to a very tiny hole. It restricts the amount of air you can intake.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.