You’re my hero overcoming such adversity rolling thunder

First the horrible step ladder incident then the tragic Achilles injury.

Would you speak at my local wounded vets group? These soldiers could use inspiration from a brave soul like you lol

Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Yikes. I think Cyn is actually plotting a section of that- the part near the Great Lakes, unless that's a different trail. We have a place on Lake Michigan (via her family) and it's a pretty cool region for sure. What I don't get about the NCT is that it goes through some legendarily buggy areas and at 8 months long (!) clearly you just power through that?! No thanks.

The only thru-hike of magnitude I'd have any interest in at all is the CDT. And that's only because I'm so intimate with whole parts of it having grown up hiking/backpacking New Mexico and southern CO. I actually backpacked several pieces of what is now the CDT, way back in the day..... But I don't have the thru-hike bug; Cyn does. Her hike of the entire Oregon PCT last year was, to me, pretty a impressive feat for a mid-50's woman solo and I give her props. But it's not my thing.

However the JMT is legendary so I'll make the exception. smile

No, I have the ocean fishing bug. On that note---- she's finally laying down enough to let sport boats out, and I'm going tomorrow! I have not had my boat in the ocean since late October 2019, and I've been on a hair trigger waiting for conditions, but it's been one stormy-ass mofo of a winter out there on the big pond. But as a refresher this is what happened in late October. I'm PUMPED. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]