We'll be on it in August. Hope to meet you there! smile

Ordering a quilt soon here. Just need to stop throwing all my $$ at the boat, haha. Guess I need a *^%# bear can too. We had to use bear cans on that Lost Coast trip a couple years ago (I borrowed one). If there's a more awkward thing to put in a backpack.... I'd much prefer an Ursack but they are not allowed on the JMT.

Edit: as far as specifics- like the Rae Lake Loop- my wife babbles on and on and on about that (did I mention she's obsessed with this? Lol) and it just goes WHOOSH! right over my head. She could probably draw a map of the JMT from memory. I know nothing. I actually prefer it that way. I mean I'll get maps before the trip, and load my app with maps too, but she'll be watching (again) youtubes and reading blogs... I'd rather hit it "fresh". That was one of the great things about Hell's Canyon last spring. Not many people do it (compared to the JMT) so there's not this huge volume of "intel" out there. Old school hike in that regard. I don't want to see every nook and cranny of a pack on my phone first, I want to see it with my eyes!

Last edited by Jeff_O; 02/14/20.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!