Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Well... different conversation? CBD isn't a "high" in that sense.

I work with machines- I'm doing it right now- that could literally tear me into chunks at any moment. Also, I'm a huge believer in daytime sobriety in general, workplace or not. With that said, while I have not done so, I'd be fine working out here under a reasonable dose of CBD. I'd be fine with a pilot or mechanic doing the same. It's very subtle... at least that's my experience.

Hell man... I get a serious buzz from ibuprofen! An unpleasant and distracting one. I'd rather my pilot was on a moderate dose of CBD than say 800 mg of vitamin I. At least if it effects him/her the way it does me. I'd NEVER fire up my lathe on a big dose of ibuprofen.

Anyway, endlessly debatable, do as you see fit and, by the way, impressive week you just notched! Hoping this next week I can ramp up my cycling again. I've been crazy busy... I'm having a very surreal pandemic in general compared to most- no drinking, which for me is a first since WAY back, and working basically every day the last month. I'm actually hoping for some time off, haha. As for drankin', it feels so good to take that glycemic and caloric load off the carcass that I think I'll just keep on rolling with it a while longer.

You miss the entire point! You want to justify it to yourself. It isn't about you or any other individual. It is about the masses. Think about it like this. A failed test is a failed test period. You, me, we don't know when that person was/could have been or may not have been high. All we know is they failed the test. Maybe they were high at work, maybe they weren't. Maybe it impacted their performance maybe it didn't. Studies have proven that people do not have the same attention span, dexterity, motor skills, and the likes when they are impaired. Hence the word IMPAIRED! Maybe you are ok with people in my profession being irresponsible? I am not ok with it. I have lost friends actually brothers more than friends in crashes. It sucks no matter who or what is to blame for it. All of us in the industry owe it to the world to be our best 100% of the time, and we owe it to ourselves as well.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.