lvmiker,

Well, I'm definitely of a "certain age" at 76,,,What a hooooot!!!! So a couple things

First, thanks for the compliment, much appreciated, knowing the effort that now goes into it.....

Second, I was always one of the blessed ones....The physical came easy...Never the fastest. strongest or smartest. My gift was endurance and a bull headed desire to not quit. I spent a good part of my life hanging around with others of exceptional athletic skills....And then they quit....Today most of that original group are either gone or seriously deteriorated from lack of effort, food and booze.

Third, lvmiker's advice on size and the resulting strain on joints and muscles is spot on....I'm 184 and the goal is 170...I'm real good friends with a girl in her early 30's. Average size, but works it. Not crossfit extreme, but she pushes herself regularly....Last year she did the Rachel Carson Trial challenge, which has some serious elevation ups and downs. She did 37 miles in just over 11 hours. She just finished the entire Grand Canyon North to South...20 some miles, 100 F temps, 4000 feet or so of elevation, and she finished it in just over 9 hours. Her boyfriend calls her the robot....Quit is not in her dictionary. Her friends can't even begin to keep up. And they will most likely keep falling behind.

I said it came easy for me, but I'll confess now that last year it was all taken from me....Almost all of it..By the time they got done with me I couldn't walk up a flight of steps without gasping. For the most part it has come back. For now.

If you love the outdoors and want to make it last as long as possible, then for the most part the answer lies within....Sermon over....

Smoke is another...Doing that Sheep hunt on an essentially ruined ankle was impressive....

Last edited by battue; 07/06/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler