Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I am sure they are all decent racks. Not sure what they cost but I am sure they are all in the same ballpark. As far as the bar goes I would spend the extra if more for the Rogue Ohio Bar. As far as space goes I believe where there is a will there is a way. Having your own gym leaves you with no excuses, it's open 24/7/365!

What MCH said. A good bar is worth putting $ into....I learned the hard way. Bought 2 cheap 300 lb sets years ago....back then there weren't many options for bumpers. The first time I did hang cleans with 225 the bar bent. I took it back to the box store and they replaced it with the best bar they had...was really nice of them to do that. That bar made it to hang cleans with 275 before it bent. I ordered a needle bearing olympic lifting competition bar from Pendley along with bumper plates and that bar will last the rest of my life. I still use the bent one for squats, bench, etc...but nothing ballistic.

I built a rack years ago....probably 16 or 17 years ago. I love being able to train at home.
275# hang cleans is nothing to sneeze at! Well done! IIRC you mentioned doing reverse hypers, do you do those at home? If so, care to post pics of your set up for those? Looking to make back stronger and those look like a good addition; especially if you watch the Westside barbell documentary... wink

I use the reverse hyper every time I lift. I don't use it so much for strength building but for the traction/active decompression effect on my lower back....nothing else can mimic what it does. That said, if you don't have any back issues I'm not sure that I'd sink the $ in it but for my use I'll never be without it.

I can take a pic later but it's the following. Titan has an economy version as well but I haven't tried it.

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/specialty-machines/lower-body/h-pnd/400593.html

Edited to add: Westside barbell/Louie created the rev hyper and he's constantly pushing it. After you use one, it sells itself on what it can do for a back. There's a reason they use it like they do.

The RH-2 is on the top of my list for next buys. I can't afford the Westside.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.