Originally Posted by Scott
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by mtwarden
I have a door frame mounted bar- it's fair, but nothing more; I'd like to get a good pull up/dip stand (of course a nice squat cage/bench and 300-ish lbs of free weights would be nice too :D)

You should look into an Ohio Bar and Bumper Plates from Rogue, not overly expensive. Add the ES-1 Squat rack and you have everything you really need to get a great workout in. If I remember right the Ohio Bar, Bumper Plates, and Rack where just under $1000.00 without shipping. I might be upgrading my squat rack if you are interested. That would save you some money both on the rack and shipping.

I've been thinking about this too. I have a whimpy bench (I hate it) and some 1" bars and plates. Thinking I'd cancel the Y membership and buy a rack olympic bar and plates. 2 years membership would pay for a decent setup. Like you, room is an issue.

Researching racks - I like the Rev 4000 but considering Titan, ECHO, ForceUSA, and NY Barbell. Rogue is probably out of the budget. Gotta watch the options. Some are brand specific and some racks don't come with anything. Any advice?

Next trip downstate I may swing by York PA and pick up plates and a bar.

Regarding room - this will go in my basement so I think I'll build a platform though I'll keep it smaller (7ft width vs std 8ft). Length is an issue too. There are probably only 2 lifts I'd need the extra outside the rack - room for bench and powercleans. If depth of rack is 30"+ I probably can do them inside too. Assuming I need the extra platform length I thought I'd build the 2ft-3ft extension and when needed set it in place. Drill (2) holes in each section and pin them together with a flat bar and pins. Should be stable.

Scott here is my very simple set up. Rack, Bench, Ohio Bar, EZ Curl Bar, Bumper Plates, Kettlebell, Medicine Ball, Box, and green and black bands. Doesn't take up much room at all.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 03/30/20.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.