Yikes. I think Cyn is actually plotting a section of that- the part near the Great Lakes, unless that's a different trail. We have a place on Lake Michigan (via her family) and it's a pretty cool region for sure. What I don't get about the NCT is that it goes through some legendarily buggy areas and at 8 months long (!) clearly you just power through that?! No thanks.

The only thru-hike of magnitude I'd have any interest in at all is the CDT. And that's only because I'm so intimate with whole parts of it having grown up hiking/backpacking New Mexico and southern CO. I actually backpacked several pieces of what is now the CDT, way back in the day..... But I don't have the thru-hike bug; Cyn does. Her hike of the entire Oregon PCT last year was, to me, pretty a impressive feat for a mid-50's woman solo and I give her props. But it's not my thing.

However the JMT is legendary so I'll make the exception. smile

No, I have the ocean fishing bug. On that note---- she's finally laying down enough to let sport boats out, and I'm going tomorrow! I have not had my boat in the ocean since late October 2019, and I've been on a hair trigger waiting for conditions, but it's been one stormy-ass mofo of a winter out there on the big pond. But as a refresher this is what happened in late October. I'm PUMPED. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!