I was riffing off Mike's comment about pissing off the boss.... My "boss" is an a-hole who thinks it's ok to go fishin on a damn Tuesday. smile

On that note, just got the official word, I pick up castings in Portland tomorrow to resume that work I have mentioned.... ugh. Yay! Ugh. Yay! Gonna eat me up again, but I can't resist the $$. By the time it went away last fall my hands and arms were NOT happy campers. The largest of the castings weigh over 15 lbs, are badly out of balance, and need spun on the lathe around 600 rpm minimum to get the finish on the bearing and seal pockets that we need. Scary. They get capital-F FIXTURED, meaning, my a-hole boss makes me go to great lengths to insure they are bolted/clamped/chucked securely. For a few fixturing steps I can use an impact driver (minimal torque transmitted to my arms) but for most of it, it's just me and my muscles and joints taking the load. And there's a lot of the damn things, and it's always a rush job with these people. But did I mention the $? The things we do for a buck. Like screw up our bodies.

My boss fishin yesterday. That's actually a MALE ling cod, and a big one. The bulge in its belly is a freshly-eaten 12" sea bass! No shït. While we were out there we heard a distress call to the Coast Guard from a boat near us who was taking on water. That was interesting. We raced over and followed her back into port so the CG wouldn't have to deploy. They had a cutter all crewed up and ready when we came in. That boat got the mother of all inspections, and good thing, I went and looked at her and she had no business being on the ocean.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!