Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Did my local route with the pack yesterday, up to about 1,100 vertical. Still sore, I strained my lower hamstrings a little on both sides, almost like a charley horse, never had that happen before.

I think I need to increase my IPA intake. Electrolytes and all that.

I upped my uphill weight and speed at the same time last month and got some pretty grim cramps in the adductor longus or sartorius muscles later in the night that kicked my azz. A trainer friend advised to stretch more and add an electrolyte to a water bottle and to take 500mg of Magnesium daily. I did all 3 and something worked. Double I is your friend [ibuprofen and IPA].

mike r

Take Mag Oxide almost every day....

Addition: should clarify, I primarily take Mag Oxide for heart health.. if I have leg cramps it’s sodium..

Don't ask me why Tumeric works, but it does for me....Tried the pills, but they did little. Went to the powder and found out it had significant pain relief....Haven't taken a meloxicam or ibuprofen in a month...
1/2 teaspoon in tea three or four times a week, and after a stressed workout....For myself it definitely has analgesic benefits....

Harry, were you taking pure turmeric capsules, or curcumin? Just curious. I think the curcumin helps me anyway. That and the glucosamine/chondtoitin/MSM.

A wise man is frequently humbled.