But wait...that's not the end of the story...

Like I said we talked, and it would certainly take some kind of miracle for him to turn the situation around.

Praying and waiting for a miracle, while noble, might be effective in some cases, but in others, maybe not so much.

To make a long story short, here's what he did...

He resigned his 6 figure position with the Fortune 500 company.

The reason, he told everyone, the company, and including his wife, was that he was willing to sacrifice his career to spend more time with his family and to work on his marriage.

So with zero income, any financial settlement to the wife would be greatly diminished, and the cost of the divorce, attorney's fees, etc would have to be paid out of mutual assets, (rather than coming out of his end), the house would be lost, cars repossessed, credit collections, etc...

A sobering reality indeed for wifey...

Now I know that most guys wouldn't have the inner fortitude to make such a decision, but the first rule of any negotiation is to level the playing field, and remember that he's a Fortune 500 executive and he's not afraid to make Executive Decisions.

So fast forward 10 years later...yep, the happy family is still together, and the boyfriend is long gone.

I call it win/win.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...