Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by Scott F
Well said. The OP said hard work 40 to60 hours a week to provide big house with pool. Things do not make us happy nor do things have anything to do with love.

Amen ! Never met a dollar that made me happy, but I can think of many shared walks and talks and laughs and even tears that have....

It's easy to say when you have money. If you're working too many hours to support the family the wife wants you home more. If you are home more and barely paying the bills the wife wants you working more.

Funny thing, I know rich people who have lousy marriages, I know poor people who have lousy marriages, I know in-between people who have lousy marriages, the money has some place in it all, but it's the love, the bond, the trust, the loyalty, the heart, the belief in one another, and challenges of life that belong to both and that are met by both, and overcome together, that makes and breaks it, every time.

He said he made a 6 figure salary, if he could not live on that and still have time for the wife and the family, then he needed to tell her it was time to go to work and help him through, lessen his burden so that he COULD lighten his workload, and have more time with her and the children. That comes under the challenges of life part, working on it together.

If you can't live on six figures maybe you're spending to much money, material things do not make a marriage good.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.