Originally Posted by birddog65
So i buy it. The weekend comes and I head up to camp and visit the wife and kids in my new Camry. Apparently , I did this "behind he back"(sic)????? and she was furious.

I could see this being a point of contention in a healthy relationship. But I can't see, "furious" in this instance, since money doesn't seem to be in short supply in your family, and since she's earning precisely 0% of the household income.

However, there's this:

Mean while its summer, and wife and kids are at her family camp in the national forest (she just takes off and goes for a week or 2 at any given time) as she has unlimited vacation time.

ENORMOUS RED FLAG.

1) Unaccounted-for time. HUGE problem here.
2) Double standard = you must account to her for the car purchase, but she'll travel when & where she pleases, without asking if you have plans, would like to join her, or anything. She's treating you with contempt, and you need to wake the fcuk up!
3) Tell me, how often do the kids go with her to "the camp"? Or, is this just "me time" for her? Do any male family friends show up at "the camp"? Do her credit card purchases during trips to "the camp" match up with the geographic area? (I'm sure you pay her credit card, so it'll be easy enough to check those purchases)

she has brought this up several times

She knows it's a bullshit complaint, and she has nothing substantive to bitch about, but this will have to do, because you need to be beaten into submission.

In summary, you're headed for a major fall. You don't want to believe what's going on, and are refusing to see it. You're ignoring the advice to get a lawyer, and the advice to quit fcuking posting here. This one is going to be ugly.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC