Originally Posted by birddog65
Anymore..... After 15 years and 4 children, youngest is 6. She does not think she wants to continue our marriage.She said she still cares for me, but not love. I have a marriage counsel set up for next monday, but it don't look good. She said diff.individual events over the past 10 years have caused her to loose the love. I have not done anything that would warrant a divorce, stuff that most should forgive and forget. I asked about the thousands of great things that I think that I have done for her/us---the family, and I guess its never enough. She has not had to work for the past 14 years, we have a beautiful house, vacation at the beach 3 weeks a year, a pool in the back yard----- a life that I think most woman would love to have------------I am fit, in shape, and have never had a problem in the looks dept. I love her like I have never loved another. Has anyone of you guys turned this situation around?????

Forget the counselor...cancel the appt. & make one with an Atty. file the papers...tell her that since you love her, you don't want to stand in her way... If she's half stepping to make you squirm, she'll be the one suggesting counseling. When & if she does, twist the knife a little...tell her that since she suggested this, you're not sure you'd ever be able to fully trust her again & will have to think about it....if she's serious, it's better to make it happen as quick & painless as possible...Sit the kids down & explain the situation in the kindest, gentlest way you can.
The absolute worst thing a man can do with a woman who suggests ending a marriage, is to beg/plead or act "needy"...