Been there done that ! I agree, when they are done they are done most times. I've been a single dad forever and tried at the time to turn things around but the more I did the more I looked pathetic in her eyes�Oh and 9 times out of 10 they have a boy friend and I don't care what they tell you�mine would leave the marriage counselling and head for the boyfriends place afterward.

As hard as it was I had to back away, foremost protect my son(I fought for and was awarded residential custody), secure assets as best I could (a lot was co mingled so it is what it is) and most important curb any violence or hostility�that can get you looking like the bad guy real quick.

Fast forward to present�.Brought closer to my faith, made back a good portion of the assets robbed from me through the separation/divorce, have a well adjusted 16 year old son and live with a good woman.

BY the way we did have another try at it couple of years after the divorce�Another expensive mistake�Just my experience.
It's hard but try and stay positive and pay attention to things�I made countless mistakes during the "Rough times" because I could not focus on anything else and I had to go it alone for the most part.
God Bless!

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,