Originally Posted by kevinJ
There is nothing wrong with questioning anything in this world for intellectual debate, as long as both sides remain open to admit error, or learn/accept new concepts. When a debate is started for the sole purpose of discussing a concept in which neither side will do the above it is called a argument. I see no true purpose in this discussion other than to argue. Their is just as much proof of God as there are aliens, and evolution. So neither side is at a advantage here in this argument.

I believe that their is a God. Not because I was raised Christian, although I was. I personally have sought knowledge and answers. I at one point classified myself as agnostic. I also believe in evolution, just not that we evolved from single cell life forms in a pool of bio matter. We as humans will never fully/truly understand the universe we live in, so we should remain open minded to many new things in this life

Any "god" incapable of convincing "his" creatures of his existence would not be worthy of the title.

Of course, it requires the creature to have an open mind on the subject.

Interestingly......... those creatures who have truly opened their mind to the possibility of a Creator God become more convinced of His existence than of any other "fact" in the Universe. All other "facts" fade into insignificance once The Great Reality is revealed.

Thus convinced... an honest man can not try to convince another of the existence of a Creator God.

He can only relate HOW he came by his belief, and WHAT he has gained as a result of the exercise in open-mindedness.

A person self identifying as an Atheist does not have the capability of opening his mind to the extent required for the "exercise" to bear fruit.

Perhaps the best "proof" of God's existence is found in those instances where He instantaneously - seemingly of His own volition - blasts through the armor of the closed mind of one of His creatures in what's referred to as a "conversion experience".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place