I guess you are not familiar with the Herculaneum Papyri. This is a large library that was preserved during the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD. The library was from the Epicurean philosopher Philodemus. From this we have large parts of Epicurus's Magnum Opus "On nature", and as I recall 3 of his personal letters, and other works by his personal followers.

Much of what we know about him comes from only two later sources, which could be used as an argument against his historicity. However, unlike a historical Jesus, and a literal crucifixion, it doesn't matter if Epicurus actually existed or not. It doesn't change the philosophical teachings that arose from the school bearing his name one bit. Concepts such as the Atom rise and fall on their own merit, not on divine revelation, or an argument from authority.

You cannot say the same for Christianity. For most believers, without a literal Jesus and a literal crucifixion, the entire faith evaporates.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell