Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by TF49

The evidence leads me to believe in a Creator.

TF

Well and good.

Still remains the question of where your Creator was sourced from. No?

Steelhead asked this question earlier but I did not see where any theist had come forth with any plausible response.

Ah yes, one of the mysteries that our simple minds cannot grasp.

His ways are above our ways and there are some concepts and ideas that we on earth cannot comprehend. It would be foolish to think that mere man could grasp the fullness and depth of God.

God is eternal. He always was and will always be. He is as Plato might say, the "Prime Mover."

Sorry if that is not sufficient, it is the best I can do.

Nice assertions, but that's all they are. This kind of goes back to my earlier reply to Gus, I think it was in the Pope thread, how the purpose of such responses such as the above are to squash inquiry.

As for the basic concept typically behind the "eternal God", that he's eternal because everything else requires a creator, it's just a case of special pleading.

TF, it's Labor Day weekend. I think you need another beer so we can hear your best arguments. Heck, I'd buy you one, but I don't think you are anywhere around here.

Considering all the abuse I've give you, I think you've earned it!! laugh

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell