Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
[quote=antelope_sniper][quote=eyeball]Hatred is a poison that destroys us from within, producing bitterness that eats away at our hearts and minds. This is why the Scriptures tell us not to let a “root of bitterness” spring up in our hearts (Hebrews 12:15). Hatred also

Think about it for a moment. I know that might be difficult for you, but please try.

Lott was so drunk he couldn't recognize his own daughters, but he could still get it up?

I call BS. Or is it more likely that a primitive goat herder knocked up his daughters, and concocted a story about it to blame them?

And this was after he offered them up to a rape mob.

Ground control to Major AS.

I'm sure many could coorberate the fact that one could be so drunk that sex was still possible. Do you really mean to suggest that people do not go to bed with someone in a drunken stupor, have sex with them, and do not know who it is they wake up with or where they are? Get real.

The text says that he saw that the whole plain was on fire. Who do you suggest that Lott thought he needed to concoct a story for?

Besides, you know the rest of the story. God recorded an accurate account. Don't be so dishonest as to not know how God looked upon that sin, and how He reacted to the Moabites and Amnonites.

So drunk he could not recognize his own daughters. I've never been that drunk. What kind of a BAC would that require?

As for God recording an accurate account, all we have is copies of copies of copies...... We have no originals, and many of the stories were oral traditions, which are susceptible to great changes, long before they were put to paper. As a result you have no real evidence that "God recorded an accurate account", that's just your assertion. We now know many accounts are not accurate, such as the entire story of the Exodus, and the creation myths, and the story of Lott is in the same book as the creation myths.

Again, you show your arrogance. "You've never been that drunk" is not inclusive of the whole human race, nor is it authoratative.

Think, if you are capable of rational thought, how silly you sound to use scripture to argue the immorality of a God you say does not exist. And then in the next paragraph dismiss scripture all together.

Reason...I think not.

As mentioned before, I dismiss a literal reading of great swaths of scripture. Especially those area's that have essentially been dis-proven such as the creation myth, and the Exodus Myth.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell